Friday, October 31, 2014

Lesson #9: Creative Technologies

So there are a ton of new technologies out there that have infinite applications in the classroom. A few of these are the Smartboard, augmented reality visualization tools, and the ActivTable. I don't blame you if you've never heard of these technologies, so I'll let you watch the video below first before I move on.



Cool right? So my favorite technologies shown in this video are the augmented reality tool and the Smartboard. By using the augmented reality tool in my future Earth Science classroom, my students and I could fly around (and inside!) Mount Vesuvius, a glacier, or the Grand Canyon. This would allow my students to experience landscapes they would otherwise not have the means to visit.

Another way I could integrate these technologies into my classroom is by using the Smartboard. By using video conferencing software like Skype, we could chat with a student in, say, Iceland or interview a world-class Geologist doing field work in Bolivia. So cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment